Translate

Search This Blog

Welcome Traveler to My Little Spell Book



Welcome traveler,

This is My Little Spell Book. A place where you can find spells of various sorts and place where magic is found and explored.

Please look around and see what you find

MAGUS

Featured Post

Invocation to Frey and Freya

Holy sister and brother, Lady and Lord of the Vanir, Golden of hair as the fields of wheat Who bring riches of heart and hearth To no...

Instant Money Making Sites

Instant Money Making Sites
Instant Way to Make Money

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Demotic Magical Papyri Texts PGM COL XI-XV


See Also

PGM COL I-V
PGM COL VI-X
PGM COL XVI-XX
PGM COL XXI-XXV
PGM COL XXVI-XXIX


COL. XI

(1) A spell of giving favour: 'Come to me, O....... thy beautiful name. O Thoth, hasten (bis); come to me.
(2) Let me see thy beautiful face here today....... [I stand (?)] being in the form of an ape; and do thou greet (?) me
(3) with praise and adoration (?) with thy tongue of. . . [Come unto me] that thou mayest hearken to my voice to-day, and mayest save me from all things evil
(4) and all slander (?). Ho! thou whose form is- of .. . . . his great and mysterious form, from whose begetting came forth a. god,
(5) who resteth deep (?) in Thebes; I am ...... of the great Lady, under whom cometh forth the Nile,
(6) I am the face of reverence great......... soul (?) in his protection; I am the noble child
(7) who is in the House of Re: I am the noble dwarf who is in the cavern ....... the ibis as a true protection, who resteth in On;
(8) I am the master of the great foe, lord of the obstructor(?) of semen, mighty .. ... . my name (?) I am a ram, son of a ram, Sarpot Mui-Sro (and vice versa)
(9) is my name, Light-scarab- noble (?) is my true name (bis); grant me praise and love [and reverence from N. son of] N. to-day, and let him give me all good things,
(10) and let him give me nourishment and fat things, and let him do for me everything which I [wish for; and let him not] injure me so as to do me harm, nor let him say to me a thing
(11) which (I) hate, to-day, to-night, this month, this year, [this] hour (?). . . [But as for my enemies ?] the sun shall impede their hearts and blind
(12) their eyes, and cause the darkness to be in their faces; for I am Birai. .. rai, depart ye(?), Rai; I am the son of Sochmet,(13) I am Bikt, bull of Lat, I am Gat. son of Gat, whose ..... the Underworld, who rests deep(?) in the Great Residence in On,
(14) I am son of Heknet, lady of the protecting bandage (?), who binds with thongs (?) .. .. [I am the . ...] phallus (?) which the great and mighty Powers guard,
(15) which rests in Bubastis; I am the divine shrew-mouse which [resteth with] in Skhym ; lord of Ay, sole(?) lord. . .
(16) is my name Light-scarab-noble (?) is my true name (bis). Ho! all ye these gods, [whose names I have spoken] here to-day, come to me, that ye may hearken to that which I have said to-day
(17) and rescue [me] from all weakness(?), every disgrace, everything, every evil (?)to-day;grant mepraise, love [andreverence before] such an one, the King and his host,
(18) the desert and its animals; let him do everything which I shall say to him together with [every man who shall see] me or to whom I shall speak or who shall speak
(19) to me, among every man, every woman, every child, every old man, every person [or animal or thing (?) in the]whole land, [which] shall see me in these moments to-day,
(20)and let them cause my praise to be in their hearts of everything which I shall [do] daily, together with those who shall come to me, to (?) overthrow every enemy (?),
(21) hasten (bis) quickly (bis), before I say them or repeat them.' Over an ape of wax. An oxyrhynchus(?) fish - you put it
(22) in prime lily otherwise tesheps-oil or moringa(?) oil which [has been . .. and you put liquid ?] styrax to it, with prime frankincense together with seeds of (
23) 'great-of-love' plant in a metal (?) vase; you bring a wreath of flowers of.. ... ... and you anoint it with this oil as above, and recite
(24) these spells over it seven times before the sun in the morning, before speaking to any man on earth; you extract it, you anoint your face with it,
(25) you place the wreath, in your hand, and proceed to any place [and be] amongst any people; then it brings you
(26) great praise among them exceedingly.This scribe's feat is that of King [Dariu]s (?) ; there is no better than it.

COL. XII.

(1) [A method for making] a woman love a man. Opobalsamum, one stater (?) ; malabathrum, one stater (?). (2)kusht, one stater (?), scented . . .., one stater (?); nerue, one stater (?); genuine oil, two lok; you pound these [medicaments].
(3) You put them into a clean [vessel], you add the oil on the top of them one day before the lunar period (?); when the lunar period (?)
(4) comes, you take a black Kesh . . . -fish measuring nine fingers - another says seven - in length, its eyes being variegated (?) of the colour of(?) the .. .
(5) [which you (?)] find in a water (?) . . . you put it into this oil above-mentioned for two days; you recite this formula to it (the oil) at dawn . . .
(6) before going [out of your] house, and before speaking to any man on earth. When two days have passed [you]
(7) rise early in the morning [and go] to a garden; you take a vine-shoot before it has ripened grapes,
(8) you take it with your left hand,you put it into your right hand - when it has grown seven digits (in length)- you carry it [into your]
(9) house, and you take the [fish] out of the oil, you tie it by its tail with a strip (?) of flax,you hang it up to . ..
(10) of(?) the vine-wood. [You place] the thing containing oil under it until it (the fish) pours out bydrops that which is in it downwards,
(11) the vessel which is under [it] being on a new brick for another three days; when the three days have passed, you [take it]
(12) down,you embalm [it] with myrrh, natron, and fine linen ; you put it in a hidden place or in [your chamber]
(13) You pass two more days; you recite to the oil again for seven days; you keep it; when you [wish]
(14) to make it do its work, you anoint your phallus and your face; you lie with the woman for whom you do it.
(15) The spells which you recite to the oil. 'I am Shu,Klabano, I am Re, I am Komre, I am son of Re, I am
(16)Sisht (?), son of Shu; a reed (?) of the water of On, this gryphon which is in Abydos. Thou (fem.) art Tepe-were (first, great) great of sorcery,
 (17) the living uraeus, thou art the sun-boat, the lake of Ua-peke; grant to me praise, love, and lordship before
(18) every womb, every woman. Love(?) is my true name'. [Another (?)] invocation of it again; 'I am Shu, Klakinok, I am Iarn, (19) I am Gamren, I am Se . . .. Paer(?)ipaf Iupen, Dynhs,Gamrou, water of On, I am
(20) Shu, Shabu, Sha. . . . , Shabaho, Lahy-lahs, Lahei, the great god who is in the East
(21) Labrathaa, I am that gryphon which is in Abydos.' [Another] form of them (?) again (?) to give favour to a man before a woman and vice versa, before. ...' Thou art Thoueris, the great of sorcery, [cat(?)] of Ethiopia, daughter of Re, lady of the uraeus; thou art Sochmet, the great, lady of Ast,
(22) who hast seized every impious person . . .. [eyeball (?)] of the sun in the uzat, born of the moon at the midmonth at night, thou art Kam (?) . .. ..
(23)mighty, abyss, thou art Kam (?).... great one (fem.) who art in the Houseof the obelisk in On; thou art the golden mirror, [thou art?]
(24) the sektet-boat,the sun-boat of Re . .. .. Lanza, the youth, the son of the Greek woman, the Amazon (?) in the . . .
(35) of dum-palm fruit (?), these . . . , of Bywekem; the favour and love which the sun, thy father, hath given to thee, send [them]
(26) to me down into this oil, before the heart, and eyes of (?) every woman before whom I come in.' [Invocation] to a Kesh . . -fish
(27) of nine digits and black; [you put it] in an ointment of roses; you drown it therein; you take it [out],
(28) you hang it up by [its] head[. .. days (?)]; when you have finished you put it on a glass vessel; you [add] a little water of sisymbrium
(29) with a little amulet (?)-of-Isis. . .. and pounded; you recite this to it seven times for seven days opposite the rising of the sun. You anoint your head with [it]
(30) in the hour when you lie with [any (?)]woman. [You] embalm the fish with myrrh and natron; you bury it in your chamber or in a hidden place.

COL. XIII.

(1) The mode of separating a man from a woman and a woman from her husband,
(2) 'Woe! (bis), flame! (bis); Geb assumed his form of a bull, coivit [cum filia ?] matris suae Tefnet, again . . . .
(3) because (?) the heart of his father cursed (?) his face; the fury of him whose soul is as flame, while his body is as a pillar (?), so that(?) he........ ..
(4) fill the earth with flame and the mountains shoot with tongues (?) : - the fury of every god and every goddess Ankh-uer, Lalat(?),
(5)Bareshak, Belkesh, . . . . . . he cast upon (?) N. the son of N. [and (?)] N. the daughter of N.,
(6) send the fire towards his heart and the flame in his place of sleeping, the . . . of fire of hatred never [ceasing to enter]
(7) into his heart at any time, until he cast N. daughter of N. out of his abode, she having (?)
(8) hatred to his heart, she having quarrel to his face; grant for him the nagging (?) and squabbling (?), the fighting and quarrelling between them
(9) at all times, until they are separated from each other, without agreeing again for ever.' Gum, . . . ,
(10) myrrh; you add wine to them; you make them into a figure of Geb, there being a was-sceptre in his hand.
(11)[The uses (?)] of the shrew-mouse (?) to which it is put (goes). You take a shrew-mouse (?), you drown it in some water; you make the man drink
(12) of it; then he is blinded in his two eyes. Grind its body (?) with any piece of food, you make the man eat it, then he makes a
(13). . . and he swells up and he dies. If you do it to bring a woman, you take a shrew-mouse (?), you place it on a Syrian
(14) pot, you put it on the backbone (?) of a donkey, you put its tail in a Syrian pot or in a glass again; you let it loose (?) alive within
(15) the door of a bath of the woman, you gild (?) it (sic) and embalm its tail, you add pounded myrrh to it, you put it in a gold ring (?),
(16) you put it on your finger after reciting these charms to it, and walk with it to any place, and any woman whom you shall take hold of, she [giveth herself(?)] unto you.
(17) You do it when the moon is full. If you do it to make a woman mad after a man, you take its body, dried, you pound [it, you] take
(18) a little of it with a little blood of your second finger, (that) of the heart (?), of your left hand; you mix it with it, you put it(19) in a cup of wine; you give it to the woman and she drinks it; then she has a passion for you. You put its gall into a (measure of) wine (20) and the man drinks it; then he dies at once; or (you) put it into any piece [of food]. You put its heart (?) into a seal-ring(?)
(21) of gold; you put it on your hand, and go anywhere; then it brings you [favour, love, and] reverence. You drown a hawk in
(22) a (measure of) wine; you make the man drink it, then he dies. You put the gall of an Alexandrian [weasel] into any food,
(23) then he dies. You put a two-tailed lizard into the oil and [cook] it, and anoint the man with it; then [he dies(?)].
(24) You wish to produce a skin-disease on a man and that it shall not be healed, a hantous-lizard[and (?)] a hafleele-lizard, you cook them with [oil (?)],
(25) you wash the man with them. If you wish to makeit troublesome (?), you put ...... then it is troublesome (?). You put beer(?) . .. . .
(26) to the eye of a man, then he is blinded.
(27) The charms which you recite to the ring at the time of taking hold of the woman .....'Yaho, Abrasax,
(28) may N. daughter of N. love me, may she burn for me by the way (?).' You . .. .. Then she conveys herself (?) after you; you write it
 (29) again on the strip with which you wrap up the [shrew-mouse (?)].

COL. XIV.

(1) That which another man said to me; 'Open my eyes,' unto four times.
(2) [A vessel-divination :] ' Open my eyes; open thy eyes,' (and) vice versa, unto three times. ' Open, Tat; Open, Nap,' three times;
(3) ' open [unto me?]' three [times ?], 'for I am Artamo, born of Hame-o (?), the great basilisk of the East, rising in glory together with thy father
(4)at dawn; hail (bis), Heh, open to me Hah,' you say it with a drawling(?)voice 'Artamo, open to me Hah; if thou dost
(5) not open to me Hah, I will make thee open to me Hah. O Ibis (bis), sprinkle(?), that I may (?) see the great god. Anubis, the power,
(6) that is about (?) my head. the great protector (?) of the uzat, the power, Anubis, the good ox-herd, at every opening(?) (of the eye ?) which I have (?) made,
(7) reveal thyself to me; for I am Nasthom, Naszot, Nashoteb, Borilammai (bis),
(8) Mastinx, Anubis, Megiste, Arian, thou who art great, Arian, Pi-anuzy (?), Arian,
(9)he who is without. Hail, Phrix, lx, Anaxibrox, Ambrox, Eborx, Xon,
(10) Nbrokhria, the great child, Anubis; for I am that soldier. O ye of the Atef- crown, ye of Pephnun, Masphoneke;
(11) hail! let all that I have said come to pass here to-day; say, hail! thou art Tham, Thamthom, Thamathom,
(12) Tharnathomtham, Thamathouthi, Amon (bis), thy correct name, whom they call Thom,
(13) Anakthom; thou art ltth; Thouthi is thy name, Sithom, Anithom Op-sao(?),Shatensro
(14) black; open to me the mouths of my vessel here to-day; come to me to the mouths of my vessel, my bandage (?), let
(15) my cup make the reflection (?) of heaven; may the hounds of the kulot give me that which is just in the abyss; may they tell me
(16) that about which I inquire here to-day truly (bis), there being no falsehood in them , Makhopneuma.'
 (17) Formula : you take a bowl of bronze, you engrave a figure of Anubis in it; you fill it with water left to settle (?) and
(18) guarded(?) lest(?) the sun should reach it; you finish its (sur-)face (of the water) with fine oil. You place it on [three ?] new bricks, their lower sides being sprinkled
(19) with sand; you put four other bricks under the child; you make the child lie down upon (?) his stomach;
(20) you cause him (?) to place his chin on the brick of the vessel; you make him look into the oil, he having a cloth spread over his head,
(21) there being a lighted lamp on his right, and a censer with fire on his left; you put a leaf of
(22) Anubis-plant on the lamp, you put this incense on (the fire); you recite these spells, which are above, to the vessel seven times. The incense which you put
(23) on (the fire): frankincense (?), wax (?), styrax, turpentine (?), date- stone (?); grind them with wine; you make them into a
(24) ball and put them on (the fire). When you have finished, you make the child open his eyes, you ask him, saying, 'Is the god coming in?' If he says
(25) 'The god has come in,' you recite before him: formula; 'Thy bull(?) Mao, ho! Anubis, this soldier(?), this Kam,
(26) this Kem . . . Pisreithi (bis), Sreithi (bis), Abrithi is thy name, by thy correct name.'
(27) You ask him concerning that which you [desire]; when you have finished your inquiry which you are asking about, you call to him seven times; you dismiss the god to his home. His dismissal formula:
(28) ' Farewell (bis) Anubis, the good ox-herd, Anubis (bis), the son of a (?) jackal (and ?) a dog . . . another volume saith: the child of . . .
(29) Isis (?) (and 7) a dog, Nabrishoth, the Cherub (?) of Amenti, king of those of.....'Say seven times. You take
(30) the lamp from (?) the child, you take the vessel containing water, you take the cloth off him. You do it also
(31) by vessel-inquiry alone, excellent (bis),tried (?), tested nine times. The Anubis-plant. It grows in very numerous places;
(32) its leaf is like the leaf of Syrian [plant (?)]; it turns (?) white; its flower is like the flower of conyza.
(33) . . . you . . .eye . . . before you .. . the vessel.

COL. XV.

(1) A potion. You take a little shaving of the head of a man who has died a violent death,
(2) together with seven grains of barley that has been buried in a grave of a dead (?) man; you pound them with ten oipe,
(3) otherwise nine,(of) apple-seeds (?); you add blood of a worm (?) of a black dog to them,with a little
(4) blood of your second finger, (that) of the heart (?), of your left hand, and with your semen (?), and you
(5) pound them together and put them into a cup of wine and add three uteh to it of (6)the first-fruits of the vintage, before you have tasted it and before they have poured out from it; and you pronounce this invocation to it seven times
(7) and you make the woman drink it; and you tie the skin of the parasite aforesaid with a band of byssus
(8) and tie it to your left arm. Its invocation formula: 'I am he of Abydos in truth,
(9)by formation (?)(and ?) birth in her (?) name of Isis the bringer (?) of fire, she of the mercy-seat of the Agathodaemon.
(10)I am this figure of the sun, Sitamesro is my name. I am this figure of a Captain of the host, very valiant, this
(11)Sword (?), this Overthrower(?), the Great Flame is my name. I am this figure of Horus, this Fortress(?), this Sword(?), this (12)Overthrower (?) is my name. I am this figure of One Drowned, that testifieth by writing, that resteth on die other side(?) here under
(13)the great offering-table (?) of Abydos; as to which, the blood of Osiris bore witness to her (?) name of Isis when it (the blood) was poured into (14) this cup, this wine. Give it, blood of Osiris (that?) he(?) gave to Isis to make her feel love in her heart for him
(15) night and day at any time, there not being time of deficiency. Give it, the blood of N. born of N. to give it
(16) to N. born of N. in this cup, this bowl of wine to-day, to cause her to feel a love for him in her heart,
(17)the love that Isis felt for Osiris, when she was seeking after him everywhere, let N. the daughter of N. feel it,
(18) she seeking after N. the son of N. everywhere; the longing that Isis felt for Horus of Edfu,
(19) let N. born of N. feel it, she loving him,mad after him,inflamed by him, seeking him
(20)everywhere, there being a flame of fire in her heart in her moment of not seeing him.'
(21) Another method of doing it again. The paring (?) of your nail's point (?)from an apple-fruit(?), and blood
(22)of your finger aforesaid again; you pound the apple and put blood on it,and put it in the cup of wine
(23) and invoke it seven times, and make the woman drink it at the moment named.
(24) [A spell] of going to meet a sovereign (?) when he fights with you and will not parley (?) with you.
(25) 'Do not pursue me, thou! I am Papipetou Metoubanes. I am carrying (26) the mummy of Osiris and I am proceeding to take it to Abydos,
(27) to take [it] to Tastai (?) and to deposit it in Alkhai; if N. deal blows at me,
(28) I will cast it at him. 'Its invocation in Egyptian also is this as below;
(29) 'Do not pursue me, N., I am Papipetu Metubanes. I am carrying the mummy of Osiris, (30) I am proceeding to take it to Abydos, to cause it to rest in Alkhah. If N. fight with me to-day, (31) I will cast it away.' Say seven times.

No comments:

Post a Comment